Thursday, May 31, 2012

Good For a Laugh

People say "Your life will change so much with kids." Well, all those people are correct and some of the way it has changed crack me up. That said, I am hoping to not change myself ALL together. I already am looking forward to feeling fit, enjoying a glass of wine, spiking volleyballs, being spontaneous, etc - but I know those things will come.

In any event, here are some recent changes/observations....

  1. I have had the same tank of gas for the entire month of May
  2. Most of the time I have no clue what day of the week it is, but can tell you exactly when Shelby last pooped.
  3. The term blowout used to mean a nice day at the salon, but not anymore.... (thank sDiana :) )
  4. Before 8am this morning I had (while baby was sleeping):
    • Unloaded the dishwasher
    • Loaded the dishwasher
    • Emailed my mom
    • Emailed my mother in law
    • Did some online banking
    • Emailed the HR department at SKG
    • Drank my coffee
    • Made & ate my oatmeal
    • Started a load of laundry
    • Fed the fish
    • Showered
  5. I attempted to get over-the-counter meds from Walgreens via the drive through. Fail.
  6. I had my optometrist bring my new contacts out to my car and I handed them a check, so I could avoid getting my peanut in/out of the car.
  7.  I never fully watch any program on TV and half the time have it muted like my Grandpa used to
  8. I wash my hand so much they are literally cracking
  9. I get anxiety if we have less than about a 100 diapers and 100 wipes on hand at any time

I am sure this list will evolve, just as my previous "must have" list, but I do get a chuckle out of the above. I mean, I have always been a morning person and all, but it's not like I am running out the door to get to work.

1 comment:

  1. I love this list - I can so relate. Especially on washing my hands. They are cracking and getting caught on the diaper material - is that gross or what? I am impressed with your morning schedule -I am still trying to sleep in until 8 if my kids will let me. We made it on time to Claire's 8 am soccer game on Saturday and I felt so proud of myself! :)

    ReplyDelete