Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day - .not to me, but to my mom and Jack's mom. These last few weeks the two of us have embarked on the most important journey/job/privilege of our life, being parents. In just a handful of days, we have come to realize that baby's needs and wants come before ours. We have always known that's the case with kids, but now we're living it. Time for dinner? Only if the baby is fed first. Too sleepy in the morning? Too bad.......but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I want to thank our mamas for giving us such good examples of how to parent, how to nurture and how to love unconditionally. We'll certainly make mistakes, and I am sure our parents will say they did the same, but overall, I am proud of who we've become and our parents who helped us get there.

My mom was here for the birth of Sweet Shelby, Jack's mom is coming in a few weeks. I have a million thanks you's I could list, but as far as thank yous pertaining to Shelby - here is a short list:

Thank you for:
  1. Being concerned and asking how I am each day while I was pregnant
  2. Making it to Henderson in time for Shelby's arrival
  3. Feeding me ice chips at the hospital in the final moments
  4. Being just the right amount of helpful - letting us learn things on our own, while also offering advice
  5. Holding Shelby in the morning for a couple of hours while I went back to bed
  6. Scrubbing my microwave, toilets and yucky baby clothes for me
  7. Waking up with me in the middle of the night for moral support
  8. Bringing me water bottles when my hands were full of baby
  9. Sharing the excitement of Shelby's arrival with other friends and family
  10. Just being mom

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there. I now understand what is meant by a mother's unconditional love. I feel so privileged to "join the club" today and everyday!


xo


No comments:

Post a Comment