Day 11
Today is Shelby's 11th day in the the outside world. It's also mom's 11th day of taking care of her on the outside world and Dad's 11th day of looking after mom and baby. Jack returned to work today, so it's the first day of Shelby and mom at home. So far, she gets an A+. We went on a walk, had some good snuggles, a MAJOR 3 alarm blow out in her britches (she normally saves those for Dad) and is now peacefully sleeping like a cherub. As much as I look forward to her naps, I also miss her by the time she finally wakes up. Those chubby cheeks and pouty lips are rather addicting.
Since finding out I was pregnant, I thought I would start a blog. With family all over the country and only so many hours in the day, I thought it would be a nice way to keep the family informed, while also chronicling our day to day life. I am sure I'll continue to email and Facebook, although my entire FB network probably doesn't care to hear about Shelby's wellness appointments, mommy's breakdowns and Dad's triumphs at work. Additionally, I have a lot of professional contacts on FB, so I don't want to become a bother.
So far each day has been different than the day before. Just when I think I see a pattern in Shelby's behavior, she throws me off. She does seem to be a pretty good sleeper at night, although we may be in for it tonight.....she has been snoozin quite a lot today!
On that note, I better wrap things up. I invite you to come back often and check for a new post. In the meantime, here are a few of Shelby's highlights from the outside world:
Day 1: Happy Birthday!
Day 3: Heading Home!
Day 4: First Doctor Appointment
Day 6: Photo shoot! She peed on the photographer....hee hee
Day 7: Returned to Doctor. Jaundice all better; gained back lost weight, plus 2 oz!
Day 9: Lost my belly button nub...time will tell how Dad did cutting the umbilical cord j/k
Day 10: Went on first walk around the neighborhood
Day 11: Daddy took off to work to earn the big bucks!
She's gorgeous! ~Brianna
ReplyDelete