Monday, May 14, 2012

My Handy Man

We had a little bit of an unconventional Mother's Day. Since we're still pretty much on house arrest and my busy body husband has a laundry list of home improvement projects he'd like to tackle, we spent Sunday......installing recessed lighting in our living room. Lovely, uh? By we, I mean Jack. While he was busy at work, Shelby and I hid from the falling drywall and load noises upstairs for the majority of the day. Jack is fearless when it comes to home improvement. I have great faith in his abilities, but I am always grateful when he comes out of his projects unscathed, especially anything involving electricity, saws and ladders.

The lights look great. They're not 100% done (still need light bulbs and the frames), but all the hardest work is behind him. Our lesson learned: If we ever build another house, it's worth the $90/light to just have them put in at time of construction. Although we will probably save money in the end and the cost of the lights isn't wrapped in our mortgage for the next 30 years, these lights are quite the undertaking! I am proud of my handy husband and appreciate that he takes such pride in our home. And yes, if Shaq ever asks about him again, I would tell him the same "He's tall and super handy!" If you don't know that story, I'll fill you in one day.

Other than that, Jack gifted me a lovely silver "Shelby" charm for my bracelet. I can't wait to wear it. Also my super sweet neighbors brought us dinner. It was so thoughtful of her and oh so welcomed!

As for today - Shelby has thrown me off again. For the last 5 days her feeding frenzy has come in the morning, but today she has been snoozin. She keeps me on my toes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment