Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Swaddle

Moms love to share stories and experiences. This worked, that didn't. My baby loved this, hated that. The best/worst part of pregnancy was, etc.

One thing that almost always comes up is swaddling a newborn. Did you baby love it, or hate it? Well, the verdict in this house is love. Shelby has spent each night of her 12 day tenure outside the womb peacefully swaddled. Wrapped tightly like the most precious package you've ever seen, or like my mom kept saying, a Papoose.




My dear friend Jennifer works for Hallmark and gave us, what I believe to be, the best swaddling blankets on Earth. Apparently they are a hit in her stores. Not only are the adorable (I have a puppy, watermelon and floral one), but also the most practical. They are soft, stretchy and large enough that I can wrap her tightly without Shelby being able to make a great escape; the brand is called Sozo.

So far our princess has slept like a champ. Although she makes a myriad of obscure noises all night that still propel me out of bed like a cannonball, she is sleeping at least a 3.5 hour stretch at night....even up to five hours. I know we are extremely blessed; mom and dad might go bananas if she picks up the wake-up-every-2-hours habits, but for now, we'll remain swaddled and optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment