We're Much More Alert Now
Well, Shelby is anyway. I am getting progressively more tired, but sweet Shelby is spending more of her awake time far more alert. It's hard to nab a photo, but I tried to get a couple below. Her changing table is right by the window in her room and during the day she loves to look outside if the blinds are open. She also seems to tolerate being propped up on the Boppy pillow for a few minutes here and there.
We're having an unusually hot May right now, so I am not too eager to take her on walks outside. It was 100 degrees the other day. Once/If temperatures become a little more mild, I hope to take her out on some walks around the neighborhood. I can certainly use a change of scenery and the exercise wouldn't hurt either. I am NOT used to a having a jelly belly, but I digress...
Personally, I think her eyes look a lot like Jack and his mom Anita. Most people say she has my lips, but it's hard for me to see. As for her brown hair, it hasn't fallen out yet, so we'll see if that sticks around. I am still thinking it will and her hair will come in much lighter, but you never know. I was blonde as blonde could be as a kid and my mom has nearly black hair!
I love reading about you being a mom - and you are doing great! I completely understand the car anxiety, doing crazy home improvement projects while on maternity leave (our shutters went in today), and the cluster feeding. Penelope's is between midnight and 2:30 am right now -ugh!
ReplyDeleteFrom what I can tell, I woudl have to agree on her having Jack and my mom's eyes. I can't believe how hot it already is there! I thought Texas was bad already, but you have us beat. Trust me, the exercise will come back...and might go again, and come back but it will all be worth it! You are doing great Michelle! Love you.
ReplyDelete