The Feeding Frenzy
Some resources call it "cluster feeding," others call it "squirrel feeding" or "colic," but I call it her daily Feeding Frenzy. Each day for 3 - 5 hours Shelby is fussy and wants to eat, eat, eat. She will bob her head, snort and practically crawl her way to what she wants; it's actually quite comical. At first the manic munch fest came in the late afternoon or evening and then she'd sleep a solid 5 or 6 hours at night. Yesterday and today, however her boobie bash has been from about 7am to 11 am. With that, last night she slept more like a "normal" newborn.....down for 3 hours, up for 90 minutes, down for 3 more. I definitely enjoy the solid hours of sleep and the afternoon/evening feedings, however I have better coping skills and am less exhausted in the morning, so it's probably best that we get that little period of craziness out of the way. Also, it's nice to have her calmed down when Jack gets home in the evenings. He has to get his snuggles between clients, so I like to have her ready for some Daddy time (aka, clean, fed and sleepy) once he gets home.
My Mad Little Monkey:
No comments:
Post a Comment