Sunday, May 27, 2012

So Thoughtful

People ask us all the time "How long do you think you'll be in Las Vegas?" like it's a given that you eventually move away. Yes, it is a little bit of a strange place and certain aspects of rearing a teenager child here, frighten me, but honestly - I can't imagine just picking up and moving my life.  Las Vegas is a compromise between California and Texas, the cost of living is reasonable, people visit often, Jack and I have established careers and for me, most importantly, we have such AMAZING friends. I think the older you get the more you cherish your friends, knowing that true friends are hard to come by.

Now, this blog could be 100,000 words, pointing out all the thoughtful things people have done for us and me particularly through my pregnancy, but I wanted to focus on one thing....bringing meals to a family with a newborn.

Honestly, I can't wait until a friend of mine has a child and I can bring them food during the first few weeks. It is such a delight and such a help. Last night my neighbor, who is a mom herself, finishing her Master's, who's husband works at night brought Jack and I dinner. Not only was it thoughtful, it was so delicious, well presented and just in time. Shelby's Feeding Frenzy came in the evening/night and Jack tackled Sam's Club for me (his least favorite, thanks Honey!), so there is no way I could have got dinner on the table, but she saved the day with her baked spaghetti, salad, bread and cupcakes. She even threw in paper plates and plastic silverware to save us the hassle.

I have had other wonderful friends bring me lunch, homemade soup, cookies, some divine Mac & Cheese and even some food on Mother's Day. Two of Jack's clients even made us dinner. Just wonderful.

I try very hard to put together a homemade meal each night. I value to quality of food, tradition from my household and the family time, but recently, it just hasn't been possible about a quarter of the time.

I have learned so much in the last 4 weeks and I can't wait to be a good, supportive friend for my next friend who has a baby. The kind of friend who doesn't care if your house is a disaster, you're a disaster and you're feeding right in front of them on the couch. Later today we'll be introducing Shelby to a bunch of our friends who have not met her yet and I can't wait......

We feel so very loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment