Saturday, June 2, 2012

Oh No!

Shelby has a new "trick." I find most of her milestones and new nuances adorable, however I hope this one passes quickly.

She has discovered her hands. Wonderful. She has learned that they grip things, can bat at things and even holds onto the neckline of my shirt as she nurses. Adorable.

What is not so adorable, however is that she grips her own hair and grips it tightly. The other day she was on her play yard and let our a whimper and I discovered that she was pulling her own hair. I broke her iron grip and to her, it was like it never happened.  This morning though, I put her in her crib just for a moment as I had intentions of starting some laundry and she let out the loudest blood-curdling scream. Of course, I have no clue what's going on and rush to her side. Turns out she had a total death grip on all those luscious locks. Poor baby. I instantly scooped her up to calm her down, but unlike the first time - she was pretty worked up.

Some things you just have to discover on your own, and I am thinking this is one of them. We'll see how quick of a learner she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment