Thursday, June 14, 2012

Do Over

Oh my goodness, some days you just want to get back in bed and this is one of them. It's only 10 am and thus far...

I went to get my coffee before Shelby woke up - no creamer (or milk!). Not ideal, but I can deal with it. I ended up putting a little vanilla ice  cream in there. As they say "necessity is the mother of all invention."

Then I put some oatmeal in the microwave and started boiling a bottle on the stove. In the middle of that, I hear Shelby crying, so I go upstairs.

I get her out of bed and as I am changing her, she pees all over. I change her and the changing take and put her in the crib for a minute. Then, I start to smell fire. OMG and I run down stairs...

Jack had a package of tile back splash propped up against the wall (behind the stove) that fell on the burner and totally caught on fire - flames and all. After dealing with that and opening every window in the house I returned upstairs to my now screaming baby. Mind you, we have a sprinkler system that I was SO worried about going off. Sadly, today is supposed to be 104 so I can't exactly leave the windows open all day.

After I fed Shelby, I go to get my oatmeal and it has exploaded everywhere and was now an inedible gelatonous substance. Fail. So, I now try a Kashi packet of oatmeal and stupid me....the same thing happens again. OMG. From there, I turned to toast.

And for the grand finale - I go to change Shelby after her morning feeding and again, she pees all over herself and the changing table again.

All of this before 10 am. She is resting now and I am about to do the same in my smells-like-a-wildfire-house. At this rate I will need to wake up at about 4am to get out the door on time for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment