Yesterday was a special day for the three of us - Jack's first Father's Day. In addition to that, we just had a lovely morning at home and evening with some friends. No work, no home repair/upgrade projects, just a nice day.
Shelby and I woke up Dad with a card and the gift from her....a personalized coffee tumbler. We have a collection of to-go coffee mugs and one of them in the mix is a red and white reindeer mug and ironically - this is often the one Jack ends up with on the way to work. As you can imagne, he recieves a sizable amount of flack for that manly mug, so Shelby upgraded him. I got Jack some much needed sunglasses. Being that he is shadeless and we live in the sunniest place on Earth, they are a necessity. Not a very "dadish" gift, but they are well over due.
After some baby girl/daddy snuggles I made breakfast for the two of us. We just hung out around the house, did chores and had a riveting conversation about kitchen tile. I even made a quick escape to Albertson's. Believe it or not, the 30 minutes of "me time" is just enough to clear my head. Who ever thought the grocery store would be an escape, but anyway....
We both had nice chats with our respective fathers and reminded them how much we love and appreciate them.
At 3 we went to our friends for some BBQ and pool time. I have not braved the swimsuit yet, but Jack took a dip while I looked on from the deck. It is so nice to have friends with young kids, we're all so lucky!
All in all it was a nice relaxing Sunday. Shelby still hates the car seat, but I'm optimistic that will improve. I tell ya - there are few things cuter than a baby girl and his her big Jumbo Daddy.
Shelby says: "Hip hip hooray for Daddy!"
Shelby is gorgeous, Michelle! Hope y'all are doing well!
ReplyDelete