Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Behind the Scenes

By now most of you have seen at least some of Shelby's newborn photos. Adorable right? What does it take you ask to get a 6 day old baby to pose and look so peaceful? The answer: all kinds of tricks! By the look of the final products you'd think she snoozed through the whole thing, but that was in no way the case. Instead, she started the session by promptly peeing on the photographer, a standard practice the moment her diaper comes off. Once naked she started hollering so of course, I had to feed her and calm her back down. Still fussy, we tried a binky - no go, we don't use those at home. Think she slept through this whole pose? Wrong! My awesome photog just happened to capture this sweet peaceful moment. With some patience, we pulled off the first (and my favorite) shot.


The next pose required a few more crafty tactics. We attempted to get my peanut calmed down, in a basket - easier said than done when the baby was wide awake. The pose required the use of blow dryers, heaters, a binky and again - a lot of patience. Take a looks behind the scenes:




The net result for this pose and others turned out great. I was pretty stressed out by the end of it, but it wasn't about me after all. When I look at the photos, I can see that she has already grown up so much and is far more alert.

My favorite quote of the whole thing is actually something we heard while she was in utero too: "That is the biggest newborn foot I have ever seen!"

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment