2 Month Well Check
I had intentions of sharing Shelby's "stats" with you, but I have
decided that they are totally inaccurate, rending them well, arbitrary. For
example, let's start with her weight...
Last Thursday: 12 lbs, 12 oz
- I thought she'd be closer to 13 pounds, but ok
Last Friday: 11 lbs, 7 oz
- WHAT? She lost more than a pound in a day? She needs to be in
the ER....
- Medical assistant re-checks
New Weight on Friday: 13 lbs, 3 oz
- Ok, so now she gained nearly half a pound in a day???
Today's Weight: 12 lbs, 13 oz
- So she either lost nearly half a pound, or gained just an oz????
What the heck? Honestly, it is a joke. It's unfortunate these measurements
are so crazy, especially with newborns who often drop a bunch of weight.
Knowing what I now know, I am curious if Shelby really lost all that weight in
the first 3 days. As far as her length goes, they told me she's 23.5
inches.....which is also crazy because she is at least 25. I mean, the kid has
outgrown her 6 month sleepers! All that said, I really like my Doctor. She
seems sharp and sympathetic - plus, she remembers Shelby, which was huge for
me.
With all that, Shelby checked out well. Her RSV is no longer in her lungs
and is, for the most part, gone. She is no longer contagious and just has an occasional
cough and some extra mucus/congestion in the morning. We lucked out. We're
going to cut the breathing treatments to just once a day and moving forward, I
will be a hand washing Nazi. Once she gets fully better, we plan to have
her sleep in her room/crib. To date she has been sleeping in the Pack and Play
in our room but 1) She has almost outgrown the infant sleeper 2) The
longer we go, the more of a habit it will become and 3) Having the Pack and
Play downstairs would be really helpful.
The doctor went ahead and gave Shelby several immunizations. I was hesitant,
but my Doctor said that she appears recovered from the the RSV and she would
not at all suggest sending her off to child care without a couple of them. In
fact, I might have to take her back in a couple of weeks if the Day Care
requires the whole battery of them.
There is a silver lining in everything though. The Band-Aids they gave her
after her shots matched her cheery little outfit for the day.
Love that little peanut!
No comments:
Post a Comment