I was definitely not one of those women who felt amazing, sexy or "better than ever" when pregnant. I just wasn't. I guess I had an "easy" pregnancy compared to some.....never sick, not excessively swollen and gained a reasonable amount of weight, but again - it was not my favorite 40 weeks. I was TIRED, TIRED, TIRED. I am used to being an upbeat, social, ambitious person, but I had never been so pooped. Most people say they're most tired with a newborn, but I was far more exhausted when pregnant. In any event, I now understand why ladies don't complain about being pregnant; the prize at the end is well worth it.
It's a given then that I am pretty happy to not be pregnant any more. Shelby is way better on the outside, as I often tell Jack. The inspiration for this post came as I was doing laundry, a task that is five times more difficult with a giant belly.
Things that are WAY better to do (even though they're not all that fabulous to begin with) while NOT pregnant:
- Laundry
- Mopping the Floor
- Pushing the giant Costco Cart
- Sleeping - I soooooooooo missed sleeping on my tummy
- Putting on shoes
- Getting back-popping hugs from hubby
- Making the bed - tucking in the corners, not fun
- Ummmm walking :)
- Getting ready in the morning - how much body butter can one person go through?!
- Picking up most anything from the floor, small or large
All that said, I hope one day (no time soon!) we'll be blessed again to go through another healthy pregnancy. In the mean time, I'll enjoy tying my shoes with ease.
No comments:
Post a Comment