Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Timing is Everything

Some of you are aware that Shelby has had some issues with her bowel movements....or lack there of. She was fine and on track with all the baby books for the first 4 weeks or so, but after that she had some issues. She had a six day stint without going, so I had to assist with a mild Dr recommended suppository (trauma for mom and baby, but worked like a charm). Once again she had a similar six day spell, so I helped her out. Through extensive reading I've found that this is fairly common for nursed babies, however six days is on the long side.

Well. This morning, little miss decided to take things into her own hands and WOW what a mess! We just returned from a weekend in California that involved car rides, airplane travels, photos, beach, graduation, BBQ and all I can say is I'm so glad she waited! I honestly don't know what I would have done should she have decided to take charge on the airplane or something.

Without going into nauseating detail, I had to CUT her out of her onsie because I found no plausible way to get her out of it without getting the mess on her. OMG.I will leave it at that, but all in all, I was so happy to see her go on her own. Never did I think such a topic was blog worthy in the past, but clearly - my mindset has evolved:)

No comments:

Post a Comment