Monday, June 25, 2012

Catching Flies

Despite Shelby being a little sick, this has been a really fun week to watch her grow. She has aquired quite a few new tricks and made a few new discoveries...

Her Tongue: It seems this week Shelby has discovered her tongue. She laps it out there like she is a frog catching flies. When I go to kiss her, she sticks her tongue out and it's so cute. Also, the nebulizer produces a moist vapor that goes directly to her mouth/nose. She is lapping it up the whole time and it cracks me up.

Her Arm: She has now discovered that her arm can move things. When she's nursing, she'll move things to where she wants them and is constantly trying to push around the nebulizer mask.

Whaaaaaa: She now has two distinct cries: I am hungry & I am tired. Then there is the "I'm in the car seat and hate it" cry, but that's a whole different level/story. When she is tired the cry is super whiny and normally ends with a "whaaaaaa" at he end. Also, this is the sad, pouty lower lip  cry. When she is hungry however, it's far more aggressive and powerful. I always heard moms telling the difference between cries, but now I get it!

The Coooo: This is the best one! When I catch her in a playful mood and can grab her attention, she will chat with me. If I am making coos and oooohs and ahhhs, she will too. It's the absolute best and new in the last few days.

**Sidenote too funny not to share: I told my mom Shelby's sleep schedule this morning. Having five kids she commented that she sleeps a lot "kind of like Seabuiscut." Now, I have never seen the movie fully, but I know it's about a champion racing horse, Seasbuiscut, who evidently slept a lot, but was really successful. I had to chuckle and from now on that will probably stick with me each time I put my sleepy bug down. Love you mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment