There have been many "firsts" around here in the last week or so. We've been fortunate to have company this week though, so I am a little behind in my blogging.....
This past week we transitioned Shelby out of her Pack n Play in our room, to her crib. With Day Care on the horizon, we thought this was one less thing we'd throw at her all at once. We planned on doing it sooner, but with her being sick and then her shots, we thought keeping her close by was the prudent thing to do. She seems to do just fine in her crib, I didn't really doubt that she would. She has slept through the night (8 hrs) since about 5.5 weeks, so for her to derail now, would be odd.
She did pretty well the first couple nights, but then the third night I heard chaos on my monitor around 4am. With weary eyes I turned on the video portion only to catch her totally unswaddled, arms and legs thrashing about. It was actually kind of funny and I was certainly not expecting it. I went in her room, tried to rock her and re-swaddle her, but she wanted to eat....so we did that too.
After her snack, she was still kind of wiggly so I tried out my baby straightjacket, I mean Woombie:
*No, that's not Shelby in the photo.
My friend Emily (who has a super fancy, money generating blog: http://www.familylifeinlv.com/) suggested this product long ago. It was in one of those "if you buy one single baby product, buy this..." type conversations. So I did, but didn't give it a try until now.
All Woombie'd up, she slept like a dream the rest of the night. Fast forward 24 hours and we found ourselves in the same situation; the baby monitor going bananas, only to kind my baby kicking and wiggling like a roach on its back. Again, I Woombie'd her and back to baby sleepy land.
Last night I went ahead and zipped her into to glowworm costume from the get go and she slept through the night, like usual. I will probably be using the Woombie now, as it appears my Little Miss can now escape her swaddle in the night (she still does ok swaddled for naps).
Woombie - where do they come up with this stuff???

No comments:
Post a Comment