With my pumpkin starting Day Care tomorrow, I compiled a list of cliff notes about all things Shelby. I am sure the staff there will figure things out pretty quickly, but I thought putting together some notes might help alleviate at least one meltdown.
Below is what I put together. It's a State of the Union, if you will.....
Thank you so much for looking after my sweet Shelby while my
husband and I are at work; we really appreciate the partnership. With your
years of experience, I am sure the below will quickly become evident, however I
have compiled some notes about Shelby in an effort to make the "getting to
know you" period go a little more smoothly.
As of her first day, she'll be 12 weeks and 3 days. To this point she has been exclusively breastfed - no formula,
water, cereal, etc. She has not been
keen on the bottle. We have tried giving it to her off and on for weeks and
only sporadically will she take it. On a optimistic note though, she has
successfully taken several ounces on several occasions. She seems to like Avent
bottles best, but if you have suggestions for another bottle after observing
her habits, we're open to suggestions. Chances are, I have whatever brand you
have in mind, at home.
I have been home with her to this point, so yes, she is a mama's girl. Just recently she has
become a little more social though, so I believe she will enjoy the active
environment. I would not be surprised though if she fusses for the first
several days - we're normally together 24/7.
She just started
taking a pacifier a couple of weeks ago and loves it. She really needed it
for quite a while. I typically only give it to her when she is tired. You'll notice her gnawing on her hands when she
gets really tired. She plays with her
hands often, but when she needs to suck, it's more aggressive and she often
fusses. She doesn't fully know how to
keep it in her mouth, so if it falls out she may explode like a volcano.....the
whole day care will know she lost her pacifier.
Shelby is a great
sleeper and really has been since birth. I know her schedule will soon
change to accommodate her new school routine, but to date, she is pretty
accustom to the below. She does not stick to this every day, but surprisingly,
she does not deviate much. She has been swaddled for her noon nap and at night
time since birth. If she is relaxed and very tired, you may notice her crossing
her arms across her chest - this means she is ready to conk out.
6:30 am Wake
up, eat a ton
7:30 am Back
to sleep for 60 -90 minutes
9:00 am Wake
up, eat, bath, play
10:30 am Quick
Nap
11:00 am Eat,
play, tummy time - starts wanting pacifier
12:30 pm Take
long (swaddled) nap for anywhere for 2 to 4 hours (recently they have been 2)
3:00 pm Wake
up, eat, play
5:00 pm Quick
nap
5:30 pm Wake
up, eat, play
7:00 pm Change
into PJ's
7:30 pm Quick
nap
8:00 pm Wake
up, eat, start winding down, wants pacifier
9 - 10 pm Falls
asleep for the night
Some other items of note...
She recently started
to babble. It's awesome. If you talk to her directly and/or if there is
music playing she'll start to try and "talk."
She loves toys with music
and lights.
She is getting close
to rolling over, but not quite there yet.
She cannot yet sit on her elbows/stomach. She def needs tummy time, as the doctors have
concern about her head becoming flat (yikes!).
Sadly, she has a little
bit of diaper rash. I am trying diligently to make it go away, but will
need your help in keeping those fat rolls clean.
She only poops every
few days or so. Sometimes she'll go daily and on other occasions it will be
several days between bowel movements. She has MANY wet diapers in a day though.
I think those are the major "talking points" that
I can think of to share. I really look forward to working with you to make this
the best possible experience for Shelby. I know all of the above will soon change
and she'll have new goals, routines, etc.
If you ever have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Kind Regards,
Michelle Schenk
You are such a PR person with your "talking points" :)
ReplyDeleteI can't help myself. I don't know if they even read them, but at least they make me feel a little better!
ReplyDelete