Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This Sucks

My peanut is finally taking a pacifier - phew. Now, I'd imagine most parents wouldn't want to introduce something that they'll eventually have to take away, but she really needed it. Every day, without fail, when Shelby would get tired she would fuss and fuss and gnaw on her hands. She would try with all her tiny might to get that fist of hers into her mouth and, for obvious reasons,  would fail time and time again.  She has actually done this since she was a couple weeks old. The other alternative would be that she'd try to nurse, but not really need to eat, and then get sick.

In the past I had tried to give it to her, but she never really caught on and it would pop right out, often with force. She will take it now, but it still takes a few seconds for her to get the hang of it. I definitely don't give it to her all the time or when she cries, but right before her noon-ish nap and before she goes down for the night, she really needs it. I feel so bad that it has taken me this long to give it t get the hang of it.

Here she is peacefully snoozing in her "G-Ma's" arms with her pacifier.





1 comment:

  1. Yes, you have to take it away later, but it is so worth it! Penelope won't take one yet - I am hoping that once she takes a bottle (out of desperation) that she will also take the pacifier.

    ReplyDelete