Since Shelby is powering down milk these days at an unbridled
rate, we decided we would give rice cereal a try. I am pumping like a crazy
lady and am barely keeping up with her. Since she is a big as most 6 month babies and
as long as an 8 to 9 month baby, it makes sense that she has an extra large
appetite for her age. Most agree babies
are ready to start minimal solids around four months and since she is several weeks past
that mark, we gave it a whirl. She is sleeping pretty poorly too, so perhaps
this will help. Once she gets the hang
of it, I’d like to try a more nutrient dense food like yams, banana or
avocados, but we have to start somewhere.
How did it go you ask? We’ll you’ll have to take a look for
yourself and if you don’t have time for a video – a picture is worth a thousand
words.
In a nutshell, she really didn’t quite know what to do with
herself. I tried it again with her a day
later though and things already went much better. She has been a chow hound
since day one, so I have no doubt once she discovers how to shovel this stuff
in her mouth, she’ll be all for it!
Love it! The texture is just so weird for them at first :) She will love it soon!
ReplyDelete