Monday, September 3, 2012




Aerial View

The new standard for babies sleeping these days is on their backs, so we have done just that. We really haven't had too many sleep issues (until recently) and since the medical field deems it the safest, we went with it.  That said - my siblings and I all slept on our stomachs...and turned out fine.

At day care, they found that Shelby naps best on her tummy. From what they tell me, she often falls asleep during tummy time and from there - takes her longest naps. This make sense to me though, as it's always her own hands, thrashing around, touching her face, etc. that typically wake her up.

So now, on the weekends, I let her take her mid-morning nap on her tummy. So far, so good. I definitely keep an eye on her, but she seems peaceful and I feel like she would wake or wiggle if she had any issues.

This is the latest aerial view of nap time around here. And PS - I love those little pants with the sparkly stripe!





No comments:

Post a Comment