Friday, September 21, 2012

Chuggin' Along



You may have noticed I've been on a little bit of a blogging sabbatical. It really hasn't been by intention, I just haven't had a ton, good or bad, to report on. We have settled into a routine (the best we can), been dealing with some baby sleep issues and pop up illnesses, but mostly just enjoying day-to-day life!

The weather here has finally turned to an acceptable temperature so upon getting home from work, I scoop Shelby up and put her in my fancy dancy Bob stroller (this will be a whole other post!) and cruise around the neighborhood for 20 minutes or so. I had visions of doing that my whole maternity leave, but with the 100+ temps and Shelby's serious contempt for the car seat - it really wasn't a possibility. Now however, we can both enjoy it. I love the fresh air and I love the idea of her getting fresh air....she goes from home to day care to home - not much time for fresh O2!

We have had some hiccups, but already we feel more equipped to deal with them. Shelby had her second round of shots and her 4 month "well check." Again, her stats were goofy (they led with 'Shelby is in the 5o percentile for length' WHAT? "Oh wait, I meant 95 percentile." Much better). Shelby took this round of shots much better too. After her adverse reaction to the first round I was apprehensive, but this round was night and day. She also acquired a new round of germs that left her rashy again for a few days, but that too has seemed to subside. I tell ya, this little pumpkin will have an immune system of steel by the time she is 2 at this rate.

Jack has re-tackled the outdoor table project, so I hope to have photos of that soon. He does very meticulous work, so I really hope it works out -- not only because I am eager to have a table, but because he has worked extremely hard on it. I am sure it'll be marvelous.

My job is in a great place. We've acquired some fun new clients that I get to work on. They'll keep me busy, but the change of pace is welcomed. I am best when working with a full plate, so I will have a fun next few months.

I am stilling holding out with the nursing bit. I have yet to need/use any formula and I am pretty proud of myself for that. BFing is a HUGE commitment, especially with working.  I have to pump four times a day to keep up with Shelby, but it's worth it. It's the best thing for her so I can't imagine knowingly doing anything other than my best for her.

The next couple months will be busy for us, but with wonderful things! We have some weddings to go to, birthdays, some special visitors coming, Dallas Cowboys to root for and several events with our friends.

All in all, things are great in the Schenk house. Chuggin' along as you may say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment