Saturday, October 26, 2013

{Momo}Potty

"Poop!" has been a regular announcement in our house since this summer. Shelby Pie has been well aware of her #2's and when they were coming since she was about 15 month old. Since she was about 16 months old, the ladies at school have been telling me that her communication is good enough to start potty training her. I waited a bit, but then finally bought a couple of Elmo Potties - around here it's called a Momo Potty.



Many of my friends have told me she is way too young, and she may be - I am exploring this myself, but since I have put the potty in our entry way, she has taken upon herself to tell me she needs to use the Momo Potty and has gone several times - both deeds! And each time she does, she is more proud than the last, giving herself a round of applause and "flushing" several times. I will probably pick up some pull ups this weekend while I am out, just so we can have them on hand. She understands what it's for and communicating well, so I'd imagine it's just a matter of time. I am not pressureing tho - everything in due time!

For now, we'll celebrate each success on the Momo Potty.

No comments:

Post a Comment