Monday, October 14, 2013

Melt My Heart

I have no photo to accompany this post, but I have a huge smile in my heart. For the most part, it is me who puts Shelby to bed each night. We eat dinner, take a bath, dry her hair, put jammies on, get her milk and say her prayers. Recently I started very quietly singing her "You are my sunshine" as we rock in the chair and she finishes her milk.

I had sung a couple of rounds and Shelby was visibly dozing in and out of sleep. With heavy eyelids and fuzzy blonde hair, she took her bottle out of her mouth and looked up at me and said, "again." It made my night and filled my heart. I hope I remember that sweet moment for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. That is precious! I love singing my kids songs at night, usually the same church songs my mom sang to me. It is a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete