Art in the Park - X2
It's hard to believe but a whole year has gone by since I last blogged about Boulder City's "Art in the Park." The weekend affair is held annually in Boulder City (about 20 minute drive sans traffic) and draws several hundred exhibitors and nearly 100,000 guests over two days. Last year I was pushing Shelby in a stroller as she coo'd at passing pups and stopped to nurse her in the shade for a peaceful rest. Fast forward 365 days......this year I was chasing Shelby through the crowds, dodging artisan crafts, as she chased puppies, screaming with enthusiasm, through droves of people and was VERY concerned about misplaced trash and a variety of "messes". It was quite an event. We tried the stroller, but she demanded we let her down - all the while attempting to stand and nearly face planting about every 10 feet.
All that said - we had a great time and so did Shelby:) The weather was perfect and bottom line, it's nice to get out as a family and have some fun. Shelby was curious about everything and yes - there were LOTS of people with dogs, big and small, so she was in canine heaven!
Here is a photo from last year's Art in the Park
And here are some shots from this year. You'll note there is a lot more activity :)
And I love this last one. It really captures her curiosity - especially for trash, messes and things that are out of place!



No comments:
Post a Comment