The Gift Giving Season
Each fall every PR person with clients who boasts any kind of product/service is busy pitching "gift guide opportunities." What better way to showcase your item for sale than in a gift guide, right?
Well one of my clients, Kidville, sells many wonderful children's gifts, including Sophie le Giraffe - which I have blogged about previously. With that, I reached out to the editor of Las Vegas Woman Magazine, suggested she include this item in her gift guide and included a small thumbnail photo of Shelby and her giraffes in addition to the high resolution photo provided by the toy company. Now, this particular editor I know on a personal basis, otherwise I would never send a personal photo. I did it as proof kids really love it!
Several days later she replied that she loved the idea, but needed a bigger photo. I was so confused. The manufacture image that I sent was HUGE. After exchanging several confusing emails back and forth, I realized that she wanted a bigger version of the photo of Shelby for inclusion in the magazine. Ha! I wasn't even thinking about Shelby being included. Of course I jumped right on it and now, you can find my pumpkin gracing pg 87 of the Las Vegas Woman gift guide issue.
Wa-la!


OMG! like mother like daughter! Only thing is that you were modeling the powerglove. womp womp.
ReplyDelete