Yes, we're in the thick of it and I love it! Tree is illuminated, two cookie parties down, work party complete and the count down to our trip to Texas is now in the single digits. I still have plenty of shopping to do, still need to get a photo of Shelby with Santa and still need to get us family Christmas stockings, but I have faith it will all get done - it always does!
I picked up a cute little "My First Christmas" outfit for Shelby. It's tough to find this stuff in 12 month sizes (for obvious reasons), so I had to scoop up what I could find. We did a sweet little photo shoot in front of our tree. It took her a week or so to really notice the tree, which surprised me, but once she took note, there have been many ooohhhs and ahhhhs since. The holidays really are so much more fun with Shelby - I can't wait for her to meet all her fun little (actually big!) cousins in Texas. Sad I can't be with my side too, but that's just the way it goes.....another excuse for us to all get together down the road.
Here's my little Christmas angel. Seriously, look at those lips!
Her school also celebrated the holidays with a "Christmas Pageant." I was tempted to skip since it started right about the time Shelby normally passes out, but I decided we should go to 1) be involved parents 2) make her teacher happy (she would ask EVERY day if we were coming) and 3) see what the heck they plan to do with a bunch of infants and toddlers on stage. Well - wonder no more. This is what a Christmas performance for a 7.5 month baby looks like. Can you find Shelby?
They tried to put Shelby is one of those little boxes in the ground, but she wanted no part of it. And despite there being way too many people packed in a very small space, she was going to wear her red holiday coat no matter what!
The next morning her teacher sent me this, a photo of Shelby and her classmate TJ "practicing" for their big performance at school. Too funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment