Time to Say Bye Bye
The time has come to retire the baby swing. More accurately, the time came about 7 weeks ago, but it's not until now that we'll be packing it away. Shelby has really lost interest in it and more importantly, she should be doing more engaging things to achieve her various milestones.
The swing was good to us though. It was one of the few items that we got as a hand-me-down from a friend, but it was perfect. I feel like it's one of those items that in the phase you need it, you really need it - even if the phase is short.
The swing was one of the first "contraptions/babysitting devices" that Shelby took to. Most morning while I was on maternity leave I could plop her in there in the morning for 15 minutes or so while I enjoyed my cup of coffee and, 'ahem, got her some milk. It also came in handy in the evenings when I was trying to put dinner together. Occasionally, if she fell asleep in my arms, I could transfer her to the swing and she'd keep on snoozin'.
When I reflect of the memories of Shelby swaying front to back in our kitchen, I think of the photo below: the first time I captured Shelby's smile on camera (taken May 16). No, it's not a crystal clear photo, but it's a special one to me.
Till next time baby swing! Because this was a previously used item, it's super girly so baby #2, boy or girl, will be swaying in pink and brown.
No comments:
Post a Comment