Goodness. Baby girl is a half a year old! As cliche as it might be - time really does go quickly, especially since returning to work. She is 6 months full of love, giggles, slobber and snuggles.
I would say the biggest update from 5 to 6 months is her food. She is really enjoying (and getting the hang of) eating solids. It has just been in the last 10 or so days that I introduced food other than cereal, and it has been a hit. Thus far she has sampled peas and sweet potatoes. I grabbed some squash and some oatmeal to give a try this week. As for the order....people will tell you call kinds of things. My pedi told me to start with peas and then my mom thought it was a bad idea. I don't know....I am just following Shelby's lead. So far, so good. Consistent with her history, she is a chow hound. At the moment, she's eating jar food. I have intentions of making her food from scratch, but I just haven't been able to get a grove. Plus, I have some questions for her (new) doctor. I'll be taking her in Friday for her 6 month well check. I digress....
- She sucks on her toes whenever possible
- Actually - she sucks on everything whenever possible
- She can *almost* sit up on her own. I recently had some photos taken of her and she managed for a moment or two
- She will likely greet you by grabbing your nose
- She loves watching the Dallas Cowboys on Daddy's lap...normally while mom is at the grocery store
- She loves motoring around in her car/bouncer. She is better at reverse than drive
- She is entertained by anything: colorful, noisey or moving.
These were snapped on 6 months to the day. I love my little pumpkin and yes, I have already started to plan her 1st birthday party :)
No comments:
Post a Comment