Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall is Upon Us

The Pumpkin Patch

Where I grew up, fall is just about the most wonderful time of the year. The air is crisp, yet still warm and a local attraction called Apple Hill is in full swing. Apple Hill is a seasonal destination. For lack of a better word, there are a couple dozen family-owned ranches that have all kind of goodies to offer. Obviously apples are the main attraction, but there is other produce, pumpkins, Christmas trees, pony rides, crafts, fishing - all kinds of stuff.

In the middle of the desert here, we are Apple Hill-less, but we did mange to find a cute little autum -inspired destination called McKee Ranch. Full of livestock, pumpkins and photo opps, this is a toddlers' heaven. Shelby was a little young to take in all the fun, but we went with some friends and still had a very nice time!


Shelby and her friend Maddy

One with the pumpkins....and yes, I realize her hands got dirty - whoops






 


1 comment:

  1. Funny - I was just writing about how nothing compares to Apple Hill :) Fun times!

    ReplyDelete