Princess and the Towel
No, not princess and the pea, it's Princess and the Towel around here. Currently there is a bath towel, rolled up, under the mattress on one end of Shelby's bed....it's a little bit of an experiment.
My little Miss' sleep has been a mess for the last week. It could be day care, it could be a growth spurt, it could be a variety of things, but one thing is certain - I am not a fan of the twice a night wake ups. Wow. I don't know how mom's do it with their infants, and for so long. I think I have been royally spoiled with Shelby, as this is her first spell of not sleeping through the night (with the exception of 2 days when she first went in the crib), since she was about 5.5 weeks.
Last night I determined that she is a little congested (nasal, not chest) and might be what's waking her up. Sure, once she's up - she eats, but I don't think it's hunger that is making her squirm at midnight and then again at 4am. I'm thinking it's some sort of "drip" that causes her to cough. We're doing the saline and the humidifier, but last night when she wouldn't go down, I just rocked her for a good hour or so in the upright position and she appeared much more comfortable.
Our pedietrician mentioned the towel trick early on and then a colleauge suggested the same thing today, so we thought we'd give it a try. It puts her, at most, at a 20 degree incline, but maybe it's just enough to give all three of us a peaceful sleep. I can deal with the 4am wake up since she is konking out around 7:30, but the double wake up and not going back to sleep is about all I can take, while still being productive at work. More importantly though, I just hope Shelby is more comfortable. We'll see...
Yes, you have been spoiled ;) hope the towel works!
ReplyDelete