Monday, July 20, 2015

Road Trippin' Home 

I took a few days extra off work before Brent's wedding so I could spend some time at home with my parents. It was lovely. Shelby and I set out for a 600 mile road trip together to Placerville. I have never had Shelby in the car nearly that long, so I was not sure how it would go. She was a CHAMP!  We made it in pretty much 'normal time.' We left at 6 a.m. and pulled into my mom's house by 3:30 p.m. I had a short list of things that I wanted to do while I was in town for the three days, as we got most of them done. I don't get home too often, so this was a real treat!

Stories, snuggles and milk with Grandma

Warm apple donut at Apple Hill - my favorite!
Swings at the park!
Memory land with cousin Wylie
Cake! Celebrating Wylie's 9th birthday!
 We also had the opportunity to get together with my good friend Amanda and her two boys, walk on Main Street and go swimming at the city pool. Shelby was able to have her fist go at a water slide and she loved it! A good first leg to a fantastic trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment