Friday, July 3, 2015

Quotable Quotes

Just about every other sentence that comes out of Shelby's mouth these days is a quotable quote. She is trying so hard to figure out the world around her, connect ideas and participate in conversations. Recently she has thrown out a few things that have made me wear a particularly big smile.

We were driving around town in the 100+ degree heat and she says "Mom, I'm hot. I am going to melt like Frosty."

I took Shelby to school one morning and while I was loading the garage, she took a step outside to the driveway:
Shelby: Mom, smell.
Me: What do you smell Shelby? Flowers?
Shelby: [Takes another deep breathe} No. It smells like a beeeeeeeautiful day!

Five. Five seems to be the magic age and when Shelby will deem herself a grown up. Here are some things that she has recently told us that she will be able to do when she is five:
  • "Wear a ring, and a watch and go to work."
  • Make a basketball in the hoop
  • Drive a big car "really fast" just like Dada
I took her to the Toyota dealership this past weekend when I had to get my oil changes. Her mind was blown that there were cars INSIDE the building. She took the opportunity to tell nearly every person that she encountered "Cars don't go inside, they should be outside. Right?"

I am always telling Shelby to drink more water. It is scorching hot outside and she sometimes has hard bowl movements. The other day we were out and about and I said, "Shelby, drink some water please." She replied, "So my poops don't hurt, right?" I guess so Shelby. You got me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment