Girls' Day
One Sunday afternoon, Jack committed to helping his friend with some projects around his house, so I knew it was going to be just Shelby and I for the day. We. Had. A. Blast! It was the kind of day you dream of when you're first told "it's a girl!" First stop - Starbucks. I grabbed a coffee, she had a cake pop and we looked out the window and told stories.
Next stop - nail salon. I really needed a pedicure and I thought Shelby might finally be at the age where she would sit still long enough to get her toes painted. Success! She had a great time, and I got a pedi taken care of before we left for Texas.
Up next - the park! Several months ago, several recreational venues opened up in our neighborhood, including "the new park." There is not a day that goes by that Shelby does not beg to go to the park. She has no fear and loves it all....slides, swings, tunnels - you name it.
Time for gingerbread houses! We won a gingerbread house making kit and thought we would put it to good use. I am pretty sure about as much candy went in her mouth, as on the house, but it was a lovely experience and she was so proud of her final product.
From there - bubbles. No, not champagne - a bubble bath! We took a bath together in my big, giant tub together and had a ball. She loved to put bubbles all over my face. Sorry folks, no photos.
Final stop - bed time viewing of the movie Frozen. We took our bath a little earlier than normal, so I knew I would need to allow some time for Shelby to wind down. We watched Frozen in my bed for about 40 minutes. Naturally, Shelby asked questions about EVERY single aspect of the movie, but that is part of the charm.
A memorable mommy-Shelby day for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment