Saturday, May 4, 2013

You're Ugly

Yup. "You're Ugly," is likely what someone would have said to our yard if they passed by a week or two ago. It was awful. Two dead trees, dead plants, overgrown. It needed some TLC. We have such a tiny yard by many measures, I can't imagine what it would be like to maintain an real yard!

Getting the yard ready was one of our 10,000 pre-party to-do's! And on that note - I am sure you're more interested in the party itself than our yard, but I am getting there! This has been one hectic week to say the least. Plus, I want to make the post a memorable one:) I digress...

This was our pitiful yard pre-work. My pal Steve who maintains the Ethel M Cactus garden came and fixed everything up for us. He did a great job for a reasonable price.

Before:


Two tree removals, two tree plantings, two outdoor pots, a trimming and five plants later - this is what we're now looking it at. It turns out it was just in time - yesterday we received a "nasty gram" from the HOA about our dead tress out front. Thank goodness, we already had things resolved!


Of course, Jack already has another project waiting in the wings....staining our cement out front.

No comments:

Post a Comment