Friday, May 10, 2013

Q1

Like many homeowners our bedroom was the last to get any attention in the home improvement arena. In reality it should probably be the first room in the house to be decorated, painted, etc but because it's just Jack and I in there, it fell to the bottom of the priority list. Finally, I was sick of it.

In December, I gave us a "Q1" deadline for finishing our bedroom. In other words, by the end of March. It just had to be the priority, I was going bananas.  We've had paint samples all over the walls since Shelby was just 8 weeks old. Well, with much hard work and a decent amount of cash - our room is (mostly) done. We only missed our deadline by 3 days - I'll take it.

What all did we (mostly Jack) do?
  • New faucets
  • New bathroom hardware (towel rack, TP holder, etc)
  • Created a new towel rack for our over-sized bath towels
  • Removed large mirror over vanity
  • Turned large mirror into a full-length mirror for bedroom (LOVE THIS!)
  • Split power from one source to two, allowing for lights over each sink
  • Patch drywall from above electrical work (and previous cable chore)
  • Install two bathroom lights
  • Refinished the frame over our bed, wood stain ---> white
  • Hung two new mirrors
  • Back splash bathroom's back wall
  • Hung helves.
  • Paint!
Ya, that's all. Good grief - I am exhausted just typing it. All the nuts and bolts are done, now we just need to decorate  I know Jack wants to build a window seat of sorts, but that is not my priority at all - I rather have his company on the weekends :)

W-la!

My new mirror - true love!
Bathroom:




No comments:

Post a Comment