Christmas - Part 2
One of the more stand out events of the holiday was having the opportunity to watch my sweet nieces play volleyball at their club tournament. Yes, it was definitely different having a baby in tow than actually spiking the balls themselves, but it was a really nice feeling to be back in the gym. Some things have changed, but most things remain the same. They now call what we called "games," "sets." They were not playing best of 3 or best of 5, but rather just 2 games per match (but I think there was a different name for that too) . I was also amused at all the Texas mamas who dressed like kids. It cracked me up. I think the moms had just as much sparkle on as kids did, but I digress. It was a really fun moment in time and a really lovely reminder about how much I really do love volleyball.
I also love, love, loved seeing Dylan and Dom with Shelby. Both are really sweet boys and were just adorable with her. Dom would love to talk to Shelby and wait for her to reach out and touch her face. On one of our last nights in Texas Dylan (left) played with Shelby before bedtime - they both had a great time and it warmed my heart. Dylan sacrificed his bedroom for the week, so we could have our own space. There is no doubt in my mind they will be awesome big brothers.
Like at my own house, there was lots of game playing too. Even a NYE poker tournament that I won! Shelby was not so interested in the games, but loved her Auntie Liffey's red hair.
And I love this one. Sweet baby Davin took a bath in the kitchen sink and I caught this raw moment of cuteness. Rough life being a sweet baby boy. Rough life.
Till next time Texas, till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment