Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Magical Forest

For years a local charity, Opportunity Village, has hosted a holiday attraction called "The Magical Forest." I had never been becuase a) it is a bit of a drive and b) it's kind of an of an odd thing to do when you're without a child. I thought this was the year! Shelby already asked about meeting "Christmas," aka Santa, and she is really loving the lights all over town.

It was lovely! Larry and Anita came with us and we had a terrific time. We went before Thanksgiving, so it was not too busy. I am sure it's a zoo though between now and Dec. 24.  There was a "forest," where local businesses sponsored and decorated a tree. They wee a sparkly spectacle and ingeniously impressive. If it wasn't as late and chilly, we could have spent twice the time in there.






In addition to the forest, there were several attractions - carrousels, slides, a train,  the local fire department - all kinds of fun! Thank goodness for Jack....I would have been sick as a dog if I tried to ride that carrousel!



And the main attraction: SANTA! Shelby was one part apprehensive, one part excited. What did she ask Santa for? Wait for it......."Chocolate candies."  That should be easy enough!




No comments:

Post a Comment