Monday, March 17, 2014

(Un)Happy St Patrick's Day


This "Happy St Paddy's Day" photo should have been my fist indicator that today was not going to be a great day:



About 1:30pm I got a call that Miss Shelby Pie was running a fever and was just not acting herself. Of course, I rush to the school, where I find her sleeping on her sweet little mat. She finally awoke and I could tell instantly that she felt horrible. She was trembling and had a bright red face. They took her armpit temp and it read 102. Poor baby. When she has a fever, my first thought is ear infection, so I head to the doctor.


 I get out of the car, go to get her out of her seat and it is thrown up city...just horrible. Unfortunately, I do not have a change of clothes, so I put her in my fleece and bring a towel into the office. Lemons ---> Lemonade.

Daddy comes to the rescue with some comfy clothes and Annomol (the older, does-not-go-into-the-bed) Annimol. Good thinking Dad. From there, the three of us wait a little more comfortably.
 
Once we get called back, they take her temp and it's at a sizzling 103. Poor baby. We get some Motrin in her, however and that goes down quickly and by the time we leave - she's a whole new gal. The Doctor came to see us and confirmed an ear infection. I feel like she gets these rather frequently, but he assured me that they are very common in young kids, espeically under 2.

So there is the story of our (Un)Happy St Patty's Day. She is sleeping peacefully now, so we'll have to wait and see how the night/tomorrow goes. The ironic part: she had an ear infection last year on St Paddy's Day!


Here's to 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment