Sunday, March 9, 2014

Name, Name, Name

Shelby practices writing her name a lot at school, I can tell. She regularly begs for a pen and paper and when she gets it, she wants to practice her name. She'll say "name, name" and then she hands me the pen, wanting me to write her name, and then I hand it back to her and she'll try it. Of course she cannot create anything that resembles a letter, but I'm tickled just the same. When she is doodling she often talks to herself  and I hear hear say "S", "Y", "H." Adorable. Her other favorite thing to draw is an oval. It cracks me up...she will hand me the pen and say, "Mama Oval," and she points to where she wants me to draw and oval - over and over and over. This little game can last up to 10 minutes, which is Shelby-time, is a LONG time!  She is certainly soaking in the world around her. I think of all the toys I have ever bought her, the $20 Magnadoodle has been the best purchase; she loves that thing too.


No comments:

Post a Comment