Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Zip Trip to Connecticut

A few weeks ago I had a last minute trip to Connecticut. When I mean last minute, I mean LAST minute. I got a call to go on Tuesday at about 11 am, by 1pm the trip was booked and by the next night  - I was on the plane and on my way! Thank goodness for Jack being such a supportive husband and my friend Jennifer being so willing to help out!  IGT partnered with a huge tribal property in the area, so I came out to support with product launch with PR efforts.

I had never been to CT before, but it was just as I expected....cold, quiet, quaint, colorful and heavily wooded. I literally had about 3 hours of free time for the whole trip, but I wanted to do something fun and make the most of the opportunity. Since my mom and brother love American literature, I decided to carve out an hour and visit Mark Twain's house. It was dubbed the top attraction in Hartford on TripAdvisor.com and it was relatively on the way. The tour was interesting and the grounds were stunning. They even had a Mark Twain made of Legos in the gift shop!

The hotel/casino that I was at was called Mohegan Sun. Because it is on an Indian Reservation, it is pretty remote, but HUGE and very very nice. It is right along a river - this was a view from my room.

Next stop, London England!

No comments:

Post a Comment