Sunday, December 8, 2013

A New Day

Shelby started a new school this week. So far, so good.  The choice to move her was a tough one for us, but in our heart of hearts, we knew it had to happen. As much as Jack, Shelby and I loved all her dear friends, we were unsatisfied with a few other aspects of the previous school. Her new school is literally around the corner, so there is not much change in the drive time. This place includes meals though, so that is a HUGE time and money saver for me. If I choose to send something special with her, that is acceptable, but for now, I think it's a good exercise in expanding what she eats.

This is Shelby all set to run out the door on day one for school:


 We found this on the door of her classroom on the first day:

And they sent this home with her on her second day:

So far, the reports they send home each day have been much more comprehensive and consistant. My favorite part is the "What I enjoyed today" section. To date, these have been her highlights...
  • Day 1: Dancing with Baby
  • Day 2: Balanced Bean Bag on my Head
  • Day 3: Texture Art, Transportation exploration
  • Day 4: Brown paper/Brown crayon coloring, sorting my color

Also, she is doing GREAT with the potty. I am now only buying pull ups. She goes #1 now, almost without fail but still #2's the majority of the time in her britches. It's funny though, because when she started using the potty, she would only go for #2. Anyway, TMI - I know :)

Here's to new beginnings and new adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment