Thursday, September 5, 2013

These Boots Were Made For Walkin'

And running, dancing, climbing and sitting. After Shelby's last well-check appointment the pediatrician suggested we get Shelby some boots. Some good old-fashioned boots. Of course when Jack texts me from the doctor that she needs boots, my mind goes to Forest Gump boots, but nope - cute little boots.

Apparently Shelby is slightly knocked knee. And I mean slightly. I read up on it and it's pretty common:

  • Knock-knees are most commonly a normal stage of growth in young children. They typically become apparent when a child is 2 to 3 years old, and they often get worse around age 4. Chances are your child's legs will significantly straighten, without any treatment, by the time she's 5 or 6.
Personally, I think her little knees are perfectly cute, but we decided we should listen to the doctor....behinds, there are far worse treatment than to have to buy your kiddo adorable boots! So with that, she rocks boots now 3 to 4 days a week. The thought is that boots keep her ankles and feet straight, allowing less wiggle room for her knees to go inward. Like I said, I think she's perfectly cute :)



1 comment:

  1. You spent some bucks on those boots! I know, I've looked at them :) So cute, and if they are doctor's orders, even better!

    ReplyDelete