Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Total Fail

After my recent, grueling run with work, my boss allowed us to take yesterday - Friday - off work.  I had to take care of some minimal things in the morning, so we sent Shelby to school as usual, but I had plans to visit her from 10am to noon and help in the classroom. Jack can pop in from time to time to play with the kiddos, but I am never able to. I had visions of helping with crafts, sharing lunch time, running around in the playground.....boy was a wrong.

When I arrived all the kids were very quietly around the table listening to a story, Shelby included. Knowing that Shelby would go crazy when she saw me, I hung out in the back of the room until they were done. It was amazing. They were all very attentive around a small table as the teacher read an interactive book. I had to shoot through the window, so the photos are a little goofy.

When the activity was over, I came into the room and that is when all heck broke lose. Ugh - what a mess. Shelby started screaming. Not crying, screaming. There was nothing that could stop her - hugs, snack, outdoor play, nothing. I was so sad, and so bummed. After about 15 minutes I finally just left. It was so disruptive to the teacher and kiddos. I wasn't prepared to take her that moment, so I came by after nap time. I was hoping to get a bunch of joyful photos of her with her friends, but instead, the below pretty much sums it up. I guess I will just have to live varaciously though the tales of Jack's mid-day visits.


No comments:

Post a Comment