Feeding a toddler is tricky. In Shelby's case, she is a much better eater at school than when she is home with us on the weekends. Also she is liking her highchair less and less; feeding her at home has become a little bit of a game of cat and mouse. I honestly believe she holds out on the weekends on me because she hopes I will give her milk. I still warm it up for her and give it to her while she's in the chair and I think she really loves that special attention. She is also more inclined to eat things that we are eating. Jack says each morning he shares his breakfast burrito with her on the way into school. So cute.
What's for lunch?
Each evening I pack Shelby's lunch for the following day. In the morning I make the necessary fresh-food additions. So what am I packing with her? Not all of the items show up every day, but these are some of the usual snacks...
- Sippy cup for milk
- Sippy cut for water
- "Pouch" of baby food
- Mini, Reduced sugar apple juice box
- Baggy of Cheerios
- Baggy of either goldfish or mini graham crackers
- Spinach or broccoli "nuggets"
- Fresh fruit - typically strawberries, blueberries, grapes, watermelon
- Noodles with "squash sauce"
- Olives
- Sliced deli meat
- Toddler, mini fruit bar
- Organic waffle/french toast sticks, toasted and cut up

No comments:
Post a Comment