Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Toddler Daily Report

Before we even pull out of the parking lot, and often before I leave the 4-walls of the school - I pull out Shelby's "Toddler Daily Report." The nice lady who has been taking care of Shelby for the last several months has been very good about leaving sweet, informative little notes. For the longest time, I was throwing them away, but then I started to save some of my favorites. This is an example of a full report:




Of course I am interested in naps, diapers and snacks, but my favorite section is the "Teacher's Comments." Here are a few recent notes sent home...

*English is the teacher's second language, so these are direct transcripts :)

6.11.13
Shelby had a good time communicating with her friends. She knows how to say "no, sit, hi, yellow, amen and mine." She loved to listen to the story.

6.14.13
Shelby had a great time with the water. She loved to catch the water (sprinklers). She also loved to splash the water in the green round tub filled with water. She had an enjoyable day. Every Friday this summer is water day.

6.17.13
Shelby was having a great time sliding outside. She is such a good climber. She also loved to join the conversation between her friends and teachers. She is a smart girl.

6.18.13
Shelby is so curious today. She opened everything she sees. She loved to play with her blanket. She is the leader of the band.

I am pretty certain the notes get less and less specific as she advances to the other class/programs, so I really cherish these sweet notes from the day. I am proud my Shelby Pie is "the leader of the band!"

No comments:

Post a Comment