New Beginnings
On Monday I start a new job with ITG (International Gaming
Technologies). Located just one exit up the road from my current office, they
are the world’s largest manufacturer of gaming technology. They are a public company,
headquartered here in Las Vegas with 65 offices around the globe. It’s a big
job.
I am both excited and anxious. - excited because it’s a
golden opportunity and well, new is exciting. I’m anxious because I am not the
only one to consider anymore. This is my first job change since Shelby, so the
unknown is always a little un-nerving.
This is a true story….when I was a kid
my Dad used to tell us a lot of stories. One of the stories I vividly remember
was of the “Fraidy Frogs,” who were so afraid of everything, they just did
nothing and hung out on their lillipads and missed all the fun. Throughout my life I have had an
internal mantra “Don’t be a fraidy frog.” Well, the night before I had to make
my decision on my job I was up all night, all which was running through my mind was “Michelle, you
can’t be a fraidy frog.” So thanks Dad – I start Monday!
The position is still in public relations, the same field I
have been in for nearly a decade. I will have some domestic and International
travel, but assuming it is limited to the 20% I was promised, I think the
travel will be a nice change of pace. IGT has a sterling reputation for
treating employees well and for a lot of “fringe benefits.”
With beginnings, comes an end. Tomorrow is my last day at
SK+G Public Relations. I was here for almost exactly 2.5 years during which I worked
with a diverse line up of clients. We have had a lot of fun here and I am forever
grateful for my boss and her compassion for me transitioning into my roll as a working
mom. She was more than fabulous since day 1. This has been a nice departure from the casino
world. And although my new job is gaming-focused, they afford much better
life-balance than the casino world.
Here are some fun times/memories from SK+G.
On with the adventure!


No comments:
Post a Comment