Wednesday, April 10, 2013


11 Months

Yup, 11 months.   It’s unbelievable. It’s even more incredible to think of all the learning and growing this little one has done in a single year.  It’s pretty amazing to think that less than a year ago she lived in my tummy, wrecking havoc on my sleep routine and  just 11 months later (and a few days!), she is a foot longer, about the walk, starting to talk and is getting pretty good at feeding herself!

Here’s the latest on our Shelby Pie!
  • Long and skinny. She definitely needs 18 month clothes for length, but still does not fill out the onsies.
  • Sleeps: 6:45 pm to 6:30, +/- 15 minutes on either side
  • Teeth:  7 and a broken gum line on the bottom row
  • Chatterbox:  Just last night I am pretty certain she said “Night night.”  As we go to put on her PJ’s I always tell her it’s “Time to go Night Night.” Well, last night she told me “Nigh Nigh.” She also belts out – mom, dad, dog, duck, up, hi and some kind of bye or bottle sound. She has not added a ton of words recently, but she used the ones she knows more regularly and appropriately now.

  • Pointing! This is new and I love it. She points at what she wants, what’s interesting to her, etc
  • OOOOOOOOOOO. There are just no words for this one, but if she’s excited about something she lets out a series of oooooo’s and often accompanied with a point.
  •  Food. Still hit or miss, but we’re doing a little bit better. According to the pediatrician, she is only supposed to drink about 24 oz of milk a day at this stage, but I would say she drinks closer to 40. I swear, she eats so much better at school for her teachers than she does for me.
  • Getting ready to walk. She can stand up without holding onto things and “finger walks” very well with someone holding her, but she has yet to take off on her own.
  • Yummm, shoe! On the way home from school, I have been giving her a sippy cup in the back seat of the car. When she is done with her milk, she chucks the cup across the back seat.  A few minutes later I hear this squeaking noise….she is chewing on her shoe. Nice. And by nice, I mean so gross.
  • Hair: Getting more and more blonde each day….and still wild as ever!










No comments:

Post a Comment