Saturday, November 17, 2012

I'm Baaaaaack!

No, I didn't throw  my hands in the air and say "to heck with my blog." Despite my blogging sabbatical, I have thought about it nearly every day, thinking to myself "man, it has been forever since I have posted something." Well, I am back.

I have been SUPER busy at work. I will stay SUPER busy for the next couple of weeks, but I like to believe that the worst is behind me. Work itself is great - as always, I am grateful to have a job that keeps me busy, but for the last couple weeks I have returned to the computer at night and kept working after Shelby was down and dinner was cleaned up.

Anyhow - let's get to what you all came here to hear about.....Shelby!

She is my sweet girl and now she has TEETH! She has two little teeth that emerged about 10 days ago or so. She has been drooling forever, but apparently the time had some for those pearly whites to shine! Overall, she has taken them like a champ - not overly fussy or anything. She does want to gnaw on everything (yup, including me) and drools so much so that on certain days she almost has a little rash on her chin. She also enjoys raspberries A LOT, adding to the faucet-of-drool effect.

Behold these two little chompers:


In recent weeks she has become MUCH better at sitting up solo. For the most part, I would say she has mastered the sitting part, but she still tumbles over. If there is anything remotely interesting looking within reach, she lurches for it and then, plops over. Regardless, it's pretty cute.  I really have to keep a close eye on here these days though because EVERYTHING goes in the mouth.

My sweet Shelby Pie sitting pretty:







1 comment: