Friday, November 23, 2012

Giving Thanks

Jack and I often say, we are so fortunate. We have a each other, wonderful families & friends, jobs, food and a healthy, happy baby girl. With that,  Thanksgiving is a much-anticipated event in our house. Without fail, I get teary as we toast the glasses before dinner and we 'cheers' to all that we are thankful for.

For the third consecutive year, we celebrated right here in the Pod, aka our house. We were joined by our neighbors, their family and a few friends. The food was ridiculously good. Jack and I each made a turkey - mine baked, his smoked. I think we both produced our best yet! Then we also had our annual tradition of a Honey Baked Ham (compliments of Jack's parents) along with every side you can think of! Our friends prepare most the sides - thank goodness.  In years past I had a brother or two as the left-over clean up crew, but since they all stayed in Placerville, the fridge is stocked!

Admittedly, it was a little more chaotic/stressful for me this year having Shelby. (In)conveniently she decided she had to eat at the same time all the food needed to get to the table and, in true Shelby fashion, she didn't want to skip a  beat and went napless, then stayed up two additional hours. She is on nap # 2 today.....

All in all, it was a perfect day. We both missed our families, but we always enjoy being able to be home and having our own little family tradition.

Jack working his magic on the turkey:
The happy helpers:

Ta-da........




And of course, my favorite - my little turkey at the end of the table with me!




1 comment: